Launching in March 2016 Modern Gardens has entered a widely competitive market and truly shaken things up with its new, fresh, modern approach.
• 29,074 ABC (July-Dec 2016)
• Issue 1 sold 38,688 copies on the newsstand alone!
• Entered the market at number 2 on the newsstand in the gardening sector
• On sale every month, 12 issues a year
• Currently over 2,500 subscribers and growing
• Average of 50 years old
• 50% of readers are aged between 30 and 50
• Average personal income of £43k (38% higher than the national average)
• 75% female
• 46% work full time and 27% work part time
• 81% of readers have either bought something, or are planning to buy something as a result of Modern Gardens
• 65% consider themselves as ‘Improved/Keen Gardeners’
• 41% are planning substantial updates to their garden in the next 12 months (paving, raised beds, buildings etc.)
• 12% are planning a complete garden overhaul in the next 12 months
• Our readers spent £49.3 million on their gardens in the last 12 months
What our readers are saying about us:
“I am a keen gardener but appreciated the more informal, quirkiness of Modern Gardens. I have bought other gardening magazines in the past but found them dry and factual. I know garden as extra rooms is not a new idea but it seems to have been more fully embraced in this magazine. I especially like the projects and the idea that I can make something individual for my garden.”
“I've really started to enjoy my garden this year and have often found other gardening magazines quite intimidating- this magazine blends my love of colour, design & now gardening.”
“It is great for those new to gardening, with excellent tips and guides. Genius ideas for making our gardens a beautiful place to enjoy. Definitely not your usual boring gardening magazine. Something new and exciting for an old gardener.”
“Every time you turn a page there is another good idea, or a design challenge, or something to tempt one to buy.”
“It's easy to read, lots of tips, attractive, user friendly and very inspirational. I am now excited about gardening and can't keep myself away from garden centres.”
Modern Gardens is talking to a new, younger, affluent and enthusiastic gardening audience, will you too?
Source – Sales figures are from EPOS data, all other statements sourced from Bauer Research and Nectar loyalty card data.